"Star, Star, Star. . . Laddie" Vampire Cookie TutorialTuesday, March 3, 2009
The Lost Boys is one of my all time favorite '80s movies. It was scary but not too scary, gory but not too gory, and had Jason Patrick in it. Whew, did I love Jason Patrick. I still get all tingly when I watch him in the movie!
I know there is a lot of hype with vampires now that Twilight is such a huge hit. I have yet to see the movie or read the book, but I will definitely rent it when comes to video. I do tend to like vampire shows, so I figure I'll probably like it, though not as much as The Lost Boys.
I really wanted to make something that was yummy but was also vampire themed, so I came up with these "Star, Star, Star. . .Laddie" vampire cookies.
Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
Wilton red decorating icing
Good and Plenty (white)
1. Mix sugar cookies according to directions for cutout cookies.
2. Roll dough until 1/4 inch thick.
3. Cut cookies with lip shaped cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Cook sugar cookies according to directions for cutout cookies.
5. Let cookies cool completely then cover with red icing.
6. Using a toothpick, draw a line through the red icing to separate the top and bottom lip.
7. Place two white Good and Plenty candies (the fangs) under the toothpick line.
You now have yourself some yummy vampire cookies!
I think they are perfect for a late night viewing of The Lost Boys or maybe a Twilight party. I guess you could also take off the fangs and serve them at a midnight viewing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show!
They turned out pretty "gnarly" and they tasted great! Nothing like celebrating Halloween in March :)