- My website is totally complete! I went ahead and ordered a banner, which I wasn't planning on doing, but it really looks nice. Want to check it out? You can see a sneak preview by visiting www.hooksandwhiskers.com. I also finally decided on my color scheme (reminds me of the Pink Ladies)! That was really time consuming. Now the only think left is to add my items. That is a challenge since I am still working on them.
- Decided on grand opening date. My shop will be opening up on May 28, 2011. I'm going to miss Easter and Mother's Day, but I can't help it. At least I'll be up and running for the summer!
- Ordered my business cards. I usually get my business cards from Vistaprint, because they are cheap and look nice, but this time around I decided to spend a little more money and order them from Zazzle. I got to pick ones that match my shop colors and I got to personalize them however I wanted. I can't wait to see them in person. I think they are going to be pretty sharp!
- Bought a new camera. My old camera was really starting to go downhill fast. I knew I was going to be taking lots of pictures soon for the shop, so I bit the bullet and bought one. It is a Canon Powershot SX130 IS. The store didn't have any in stock so they ordered me one. I'll be picking it up this weekend, so I'll let you know how it is.
- Finished one Iron Craft Challenge. I guess one is better than none! This month's challenge was "Hometown", so I whipped up a little I heart NC wall art. It turned out so cute that I'll be adding this and some other states to the new shop. So, y'all get a sneak peek. :)
Iron Craft Challenge #8 - HometownWednesday, February 23, 2011
Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. That is probably going to be the case until I get my shop opened.
While I didn't come close to completing my February to-do list, I did accomplish a few major things:
I hope March is much more productive than February was, in the crafting department. At least I know the website is done, so I'll be focusing all of my energy on crafting and doing a little spring cleaning. Yuck (to the spring cleaning)!