WIP Wednesday

May 12, 2010

I’ve had this WIP for a little over a month now. It is white shadowbox that I bought at Marshalls for a really great price. I added a little green wrapping paper to the inside and a white, ceramic bird from Michaels on top.

You can see that I have it hanging in my living room by my mantle.
The colors match, but I have no idea what to do with it. I really don’t want to add pictures to it, so I’m thinking of something crafty.
What do you think of something like this from Lollychops?
Lollychops had a whole week on framed craft flowers. They were sewn, cut out of felt, twisted from ribbon, made from pom poms, and crocheted. Super cute!
Any other suggestions? Or should I just leave it the way it is?

13 Comments

• mandapanda

May 12, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I love it plain! But if you found something rteally special like an old brooch or something you could experimant and see what it looked like. Or you could change the look up once a month for something different!

• mandapanda

May 12, 2010 at 12:44 pm

• Kristine

May 12, 2010 at 12:44 pm

hmmm…..I love it but I wouldn't know what to do with it either. Maybe you could crochet some various flowers and put them in there. Then you could change out the colors by season.

• Kristine

May 12, 2010 at 12:44 pm

• Brynwood Needleworks

May 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Hi Missy:
    I love it just the way it is, too, but if you want to add something, perhaps a few ribbon roses would be nice. (Sorry, not much help, am I?)lol
    Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Donna

• Brynwood Needleworks

May 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Hi Missy:
    Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Donna

• Molly @ A Bit O’ Shine

May 12, 2010 at 3:10 pm

What about propping something up inside? Um…like a….*mindblank*…object. If you have something you like that's too small to sit out by itself or would get lost on the mantle that might be a good spot to put it so that it becomes a showcase. Sorry I can't think of any examples but I haven't had my coffee yet. 🙂

• Molly @ A Bit O’ Shine

May 12, 2010 at 3:10 pm

• Ruhammie

May 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm

That's funny…as I was reading I thought of the Lollichops idea, then I read on and saw that you mentioned it! I really like the variety of flowers idea…maybe three different flowers out of different materials and at different heights.

• jayayceeblog

May 13, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Those pom pom flowers are really cute, but how about some pressed flowers or real leaves. It's really cute!

• jayayceeblog

May 13, 2010 at 12:00 pm

• Laurie

May 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm

What about a small collection? Pretty buttons?

• Laurie

May 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm

What about a small collection? Pretty buttons?

Comments are closed.