If you want to see some pretty awesome planner designs just check out Pinterest and Instagram. Some people go all out with their planners. I kept mine pretty simple and open and not too cluttered, but I don’t have much going on. I also kept with the planner color scheme for this month and used pinks, yellow, and peach.
You don’t need to spend a ton of money to decorate your planner. It can get very expensive if you buy all of the fancy scrapbook stickers, washi tape, stamps, and pens. I have bought some cute stickers, washi tape, and a couple of scrapbook pens, but I mostly use freebies I find online.
Here is what I used for this week’s planner design:
- Blue kitty clip – I bought this little guy with his five friends a few years ago. I tend to snatch up kitty related items, especially if they are a really good price. The clips were in the clearance bin at Forever 21. Are you ready for the price? I paid a whopping $0.49! I’m so glad I can finally use them.
- Work out “stickers” – These are free printable stickers by My Planner Envy. I didn’t print them on sticker paper. I printed them on card stock, cut them out, and stuck a piece of double-sided tape on the back. It works great!
- Peach arrow “sticker” – More free printable available from Scruptiously.
- Cupcake 1-inch circle – I bought this printable several years ago on Etsy. It looks like it isn’t available anymore.
- Circle stickers (heart, scissors, running man, & shopping bag) – I love these Simple Stories Calendar stickers. I was so bummed to find out they are discontinued. I wanted to pick up another pack.
- “Meeting” sticker – One of many stickers from The Happy Planner To Do Stickers, Neutral sticker set. This was the first sticker set I bought at Michaels and it is still my favorite. I’m thinking of picking up a bright set with my new 50% off coupon.
- “Leap & the Net Will Appear” sticker – Another sticker set from The Happy Planner Get it Done sticker set. I got mine at Michaels with my 50% off coupon.
- Pink washi tape – I got this design from Staples. They have a pretty good selection. I am totally hooked on washi tape, but it can be pretty pricey.
- Items not show but used: Precision pens (tan from AC Moore and a black set from Tuesday Morning), Elmers glue pen, and Scotch double-sided tape.
So that is it. I’m really enjoying my planner. Not only is it keeping me on track with everything, but it is taking me back to the ’80s when I had my own sticker book. I’m thinking of this as my adult sticker book. 🙂